I'm definitely impressed reading about the process of gourd art. When I first came across her shop, I thought the owner is a very good painter who happens to paint on gourds. The owner gives a very good description in her profile which helps the shopper really appreciate the art. Here are the steps involved in making each gourd you see in this shop:
2) Remove the tough fibers from inside the gourd. This artists paints the insides of her gourds black to give it a finished look;
3) Draw a design on the outside of the gourd;
4) The pencil lines are wood burned onto the gourd;
5) Paint the gourd with three coats of archival quality ink dyes;
6) Varnish the gourd with three coats of a varnish designed to be used on gourds - this gives the gourd the glossy finish that you see.
If you buy two gourds, the second one ships for free! Be sure to take advantage of this great deal!