Monday, April 5, 2010

Sarah's Spotlight - The High Plains Knitter

Dianne, aka The High Plains Knitter, is a fellow Etsy Knitter. She writes a weekly blog interviewing other members from our team. You can read her "Etsy Knitters and Chrocheters on Parade" here. After writing about countless other Etsy Knitters (including myself!), I thought it was time that Dianne received the spotlight. She was always the first one to send out a congrats for being including in or making a treasury (before short emails were outlawed of course!) She is also the first to help answer questions and is certainly one of our more active members. Thanks Dianne for being such a great team member!

Dianne has been knitting since the age of nine. Many people can credit their grandmother to their interest in knitting, but Dianne credits a baby-sitter. Her list of professions includes a dj, developmental therapist, and homeschooling her children. Now that Dianne is retired, she fills her time with her knitting, crocheting, and spirituality. She offers a large variety to items in her store, The High Plains Knitter.

Dianne uses quality yarns and designs her own patterns. Her store currently has 132 items for sale, including scarves for all seasons, scarflettes, brooches, sweaters, wrist and neck cuffs, applique flowers, hairpins, rings, headbands, and even a few patterns! How on earth am I going to pick only five pictures for this article? What's really nice about Dianne's store is the way everything seems to tie together. I knit scarves, baby items, and pet apparel. I love making all of those items, but it really is a random collection. Dianne's own style works it way through every item in her shop, and even though there's a huge selection, it all just seems to fit.

Dianne enjoys custom orders and welcomes special requests. One customer commented, "I can't believe you made these so wonderful, just from a description in my head. I can't believe you nailed it the way you did." Except for a few scarves, if I don't have a picture and a pattern, I'm lost. But that's what I love so much about knitting - that I can follow a pattern from start to finish and end up with a great product! Others love creating their own patterns (for people like me!)

In addition to being a member of the Etsy Knitters Team, Dianne is also a member of the Etsy Texas Crafters, and the AWEteam (Art Walk Etsy Team).

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you really know how to find information. Thank you so much for choosing my shop. You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to dig through profiles and check out links to other sites to write up my spotlights. I like to think I'm pretty thorough, so I'm glad someone else agrees!

    ReplyDelete