Saturday, November 21, 2009

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Or should I say, how many tries does it take to get past row 10 of a new pattern! Don't you love those patterns that just work so easily? And then there are the ones that don't... After starting a new dog sweater (no measurements needed, yea!!) my ribbing was not working. Something so simple caused such headaches! Sigh... knit, unravel, knit, unravel.... how tiring! I think I'm currently on attempt #8, although I lost count after 4 or 5. I feel like I could be done the project in the time it's taken me to finally get going on it! I'm quite happy now with the way it looks and can't wait to see the finished product.

On my trip to Petco this morning to get some measurements for my other sweater, I did see an adorable snowflake capelet for cats. How tempting for little Pheoda, but I think her bandana will have to suffice. Once her fur grows back, she needs nothing else to keep her warm, as evidenced by her "before" picture! But back to the dogs... Happily, I noticed no strange looks in my direction as I pulled out my ruler and pen to take my measurements. We'll see how helpful they are once this current sweater is done. Too many patterns to try, and only so much time in the day to knit! If only my paying job didn't take up so much time!

No comments:

Post a Comment