Monday, June 21, 2010

Sarah's Spotlight - Purple Sparkle Crafts

Finally! A new spotlight! This one better be good to make up for such a long break... I browsed through many stores the last few days looking for the right one to spotlight. Then, I came across Purple Sparkle Crafts and knew I was back in business! The shop owner, Becky, joined the Etsy community way back in 2007, when Etsy was still fairly young and unknown.

What I find impressive is that Becky says she started making candles, wax melts, and bath and body products only in 2006. She comes from a completely different background having worked in the world of Insurance. After being laid off from her place of employment, Becky spent several months looking for new work before deciding to open her shop. At one time, she also had a "real" store in Bath, United Kingdom, but now she sells exclusively on Etsy.

What really drew me to Purple Sparkle Crafts are Becky's beautiful cupcake candles! I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I grew up in a household where ice cream was a nightly dessert, and Lucky Charms and Frosted Flakes were not uncommon for breakfast. Ask any of my coworkers - they will tell you that I seek out sweets at work. Becky's candles look yummy enough to eat! She says that she was drawn to bakery fragrances when she started making her candles. Shaping them to look like cupcakes is her way of standing out in a crowd!

In addition to her candles, Becky also offers wax melts, jarred candles, soaps, and even one quite impressive teacup candle. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of items. With scents like birthday cake, cinnamon bun, pink sugar, rocky road, and sweet summer pie, I know I'm ready for dessert. There are a few non-sugary scents such as freesia and rose for those who don't want cavities!

Becky also has a second Etsy shop, Amy May, where she sells handmade accessories, craft supplies, and vintage items. This shop is currently in vacation mode, but be sure to check back!

You can also find Becky at:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/purplesparkle
Blog: http://purplesparklecrafts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment